Please ensure that you have read and agree to the following terms and conditions before submitting your booking enquiry:
By making a booking you are accepting the terms and conditions set out below:
Before you make your booking, please read our terms and conditions carefully. If you have any questions at all please feel free to call us on the number at the bottom of the page.
Whilst we do not relish loading the Hirer with all these legal conditions we do have to cover our investment in the equipment on hire so please take on board the responsibilities we pass on to you when hiring.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
- You must not be under 25 or over 75 years of age
- You must have held a full valid UK/EU license for a minimum of 24 months
- You must not have had your license suspended for any period within the last 3 years
- Your driving licenses must be free of convictions (BA, DD or UT) and clean, apart from 2 speeding offences (max 3 points each) and 1 fault accident in the last 3 years
YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO DRIVE/HIRE in the following cases so please let us know in advance if any drivers have:
- any medical issues/disabilities that would affect your driving
- had insurance declined/cancelled and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience
- are engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment, or are a professional sports persons
- are a Jockey or person connected with racing of any sort
- are Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the UK
NO-ONE OTHER THAN THE DRIVERS NAMED ON THE HIRE AGREEMENT FORM MAY DRIVE THE VEHICLE.
DOCUMENTS YOU MUST PROVIDE on collection of the vehicle:
- 2 recent proofs of home address for the main driver within the last 3 months (utility bills or bank statements are acceptable)
- UK drivers license for each person who is to drive the vehicle
- £1000 refundable security deposit (cash, credit/debit card or bank transfer)
PLEASE NOTE - Without the correct/valid documents the motorhome is uninsurable and so cannot be released therefore if these are not supplied or you don’t meet the insurance criteria you will forfeit all your payments.
The vehicle you are hiring is right hand drive and not automatically insured outside of the UK. If you are planning on travelling abroad you must let us know ON BOOKING the countries you intend to visit. We need to ensure that the insurance and breakdown cover will be valid for your trip and also make sure, for your safety, that you have our EU travel pack with High Visibility Jackets, Safety Triangle, Bulb kit, GB sticker, Head Light Angle Adjusters and breathalyzer kit. There will also be an extra insurance premium due.
YOUR BOOKING CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENTS IN ADVANCE
Your hire fee includes insurance and mileage up to 150 miles per night. Additional miles are to be arranged at the time of booking. Calor gas is charged at £20 per bottle.
For insurance purposes we can only accept credit/debit card payments or bank transfers as payment for hire.
TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKING we ask for a booking deposit of £150 for each booking to be paid when the booking is made. This is NON REFUNDABLE under any circumstances and will be deducted from the hire charges.
THE BALANCE of the hire charges (less the booking deposit) is payable six weeks before the beginning of the hire period.
If a booking is made within 6 weeks of the hire period, the full hire charges must be paid at the time the booking is made.
We will confirm your booking details by email after the deposit has been paid. Until a deposit has been paid, your booking remains unconfirmed.
Please let us know of any cancellations in writing. We reserve the right to charge an Administration Fee for any changes to the original reservation details. All deposits paid are non refundable, unless we are unable to supply you with your requested vehicle. All monies due and received within 6 weeks of the commencement of hire and are subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
Within two weeks of the hire date all fees are non-refundable. Full payment not received within 6 weeks of the hire date will result in the booking being cancelled and subject to reassignment to another customer.
We reserve the right to cancel hire if the drivers licenses are invalid or not according to the conditions stated, or if the insurance is declined for any reason. In these circumstances, the total hire charge will be forfeited (hirers are strongly advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation). Escape Hire reserves the right to refuse to provide insurance cover based on the answers provided in the insurance questionnaire.
PICK-UPS AND DROP-OFFS
The vehicle check-out procedure takes approximately 45 minutes as there will be a lot of information to go through so please allow time for this.
The vehicle will be ready to collect from 2:00pm on the day required, and must be returned by 11:00am on the agreed date of return. Unless previously agreed with us a late return fee is charged at £25 per hour, or part of the hour, for failing to comply with this.
The vehicle is insured for the contracted period of hire ONLY. Please return the vehicle on time. If for any reason you will be late, call Escape Hire to let us know your expected time of arrival. Failure to do this may result in the vehicle not being insured for your use and you may incur a traffic offense under the Road Traffic Act.
Should the late return of the vehicle make us liable for any extra costs (such as compensation for the next hirer), we reserve the right to request reimbursement of these costs from you.
By signing the rental agreement, you agree that you will:
- Not smoke in the vehicle. ANY detection of smoke odour will incur a £250 cleaning surcharge
- Return the vehicle to Escape Hire in the same condition that it was received, (ORDINARY wear and tear accepted) on the due date specified
- Not use the vehicle for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward, or any other form of profit or renumeration, nor use it in violation of any law, ordinance or regulation
- Not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle (4) or allow the vehicle to be overloaded
- Not remove the vehicle out of the UK mainland, from England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland without our prior written consent
- Further protect the interests of the insurer and Escape Hire by ensuring the vehicle is always locked when unattended (including doors, windows and outside compartments) and that the keys are secure
- Authorise Escape Hire to verify through credit agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency or any other sources, personal, driving and credit information provided by the hirer and any additional drivers
- Not leave the vehicle for more than 5 days without being plugged into a mains source or recharging it by running the engine as this will cause the battery to lose charge
- Not operate the vehicle or permit it to be operated in any way that would violate this contract, including, but not limited to:
- Any person under 25 or over 75 years of age driving the vehicle
- Driving in motor sports events (including racing, pace making, rallying, reliability trials and speed testing)
- Using it to propel or tow any vehicle or trailer
- Driving the vehicle when unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol concentration above the limit prescribed the time being by road traffic legislation
- Being driven by any other person other than the hirer or additional driver(s)
- Using the vehicle under authority of any license other than the drivers own
You must further be responsible for the additional charges set out below
CHARGES AND LIABILITIES
VERY IMPORTANT - If you or any driver leaves the motorhome unlocked, or fails to secure the keys, or acts in a reckless or imprudent manner, or if the vehicle is deliberately damaged - the motorhome is NOT INSURED for these circumstances and you will be liable for the FULL COST of its replacement.
The insurance damage excess is £1000 for insurable losses that are deemed to be the fault of the hirer, or for incidents that occur whilst the motorhome is in your charge if they cannot be attributed to a third party.
You are liable for the £1000 excess for each incident claimed on the motor insurance policy, if the cost of the claim if expected to exceed this amount. If the claim cost is less than the policy excess, you will be liable for the full claims costs. In the event of Escape Hire receiving from the third party any part of the amount to reimburse the policy excess payment made and provided you obligations hereunder, Escape Hire will repay to the hirer the like part of such excess
In addition to the agreed rental rate you may become liable AS IF THE OWNER of the vehicle for the following charges:
- All fines and court costs for parking, traffic or other legal violations assessed against the vehicle, until its return except where caused by the fault of Escape Hire
- Any fixed penalty offence committed in respect of that vehicle under the Road Traffic Act 1988 and Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988
- Any excess parking charge which may be incurred in respect of that vehicle in pursuance of an order under sections 45 and 46 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or the ROad Traffic Act 1991 during the period of hire
- Toll road/crossing charges
- Any uninsurable damages including tyres, and any internal damages or breakages. Windscreen replacement is charged at £100 excess for replacement or £25 repair (using our insurers approved repair company)
You may also become liable for:
- £100 charge if you return the vehicle to us with a toilet cassette containing any waste product, or not ready for the next user with the required sanitary chemical content
- £50 charge if you return the vehicle to us with a wastewater tank not emptied
- £2.00 per litre of fuel required to return the fuel level to that marked on the checkout sheet at the beginning of hire, in the event that you fail to refuel the vehicle
- Cleaning charge of up to £250 if the vehicle is not returned in a similar condition in which it was rented out
- Replacement charge for any items missing from the inventory
If, due to your negligence, it is necessary for the vehicle to undergo repairs you are liable for an administration charge of 10% of the total costs associated with the repair. You may also be liable for fair market value of repairing damage to the vehicle supplied, plus loss of revenue at the prevailing daily rate, diminishment of value, towing, storage, impound fees, regardless of whether damages are a result of an act of God during the hire period. The hirer accepts responsibility for the motorhome during the hire as if it were his/her own.
In the event of the vehicle not being returned to the location agreed in the rental agreement, you will be charged any fees incurred in collecting the vehicle.
- You are liable for any costs, including reasonable legal fees permitted by law, incurred collecting payment due from the hirer hereunder
- In the event that full payment is not made after 28 days of invoice, a reminder will be sent, 14 days thereafter the account will be passed to our collections agency incurring an extra charge of 15% (+VAT) of the total balance due. You agree as part of this contact to pay this sum which represents our reasonable costs in collecting the unpaid amounts
All charges are subject to final audit and may be added anytime after your return of the vehicle.
You agree to allow Escape Hire to compute and debit final charges from credit/debit card, if that is the form of payment used by you. If you seriously breach this agreement, you agree to cease using the vehicle and to pay all expenses incurred in returning the vehicle to the collection point of rental.
The vehicle is comprehensively insured and this is covered in the hire charge. However PLEASE NOTE this insurance does not cover your personal items, personal injury, personal liability, or your losses. We cannot accept liability for any personal accidents or losses whilst you are on our premises or throughout the motorhome rental period, or for your vehicle if parked on our premises.
Escape Hire recommend that you take personal insurance cover prior to your holiday. If you have any questions regarding our insurance cover please call us on the number at the bottom of the page.
Escape Hire reserve the right to charge any amount up to the insurance excess along with any associated costs against the drivers’ or hirers’ credit/debit card provided. Accepting these terms indicates authorisation to Escape Hire to be able to follow this process if required.
The vehicle is equipped with cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery. We do not ordinarily provide bed linen, pillows, blankets or towels but are happy to provide this service on request and for a surcharge.
We make every effort to ensure that the vehicle you reserved is available, but in the event that it isn’t, we will seek to offer you an alternative vehicle. We will always aim to provide one of similar or better quality, and if the replacement vehicle is of higher specification you will not be charged any additional rental beyond that agreed at the time of booking.
In the event that a smaller or lower grade vehicle is offered and accepted, any difference in rental charges will be refunded to you.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to supply a suitable vehicle due to circumstances out of our control, our liability is strictly limited to a full refund of all monies paid by you. We accept no liability for the cost of a replacement vehicle, hotel or travel expenses or any other subsequent loss.
Circumstances that we deem to be out of our control include, but are not limited to, vehicle breakdown, damage sustained to the vehicle and late returns by a previous hirer.
Escape Hire has the sole right and responsibility to repair the vehicle.
If the vehicle is stolen it should also be reported to the police immediately and a crime reference number obtained.
- The driver of the vehicle must complete and deliver to Escape Hire the relevant accident report and photos as soon as possible but within 24 hours after the end of the hire period
- No admission of liability should be made to any person in relation to such accident
- The names and addresses of all witnesses must be collected and provided to Escape Hire as soon as known by the hirer
- Any writ of summons, summons or other document relating to any proceeding arising out of such accident should be delivered to Escape Hire at the address on the motor rental agreement
- All assistance must be given to Escape Hire and its insurers to bring legal proceedings against any other party that is required to reclaim any loss incurred by Escape Hire or to defend any action against Escape Hire, or to defend against any proceedings brought against the hirer
- You shall pay or reimburse Escape Hire against all losses, liabilities, costs, actions or claims